Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fluency blog 7 Trees

Milo and I have been sitting here all morning doing homework. We have a guest, one of the cats, Oliver, is having a nice nap on some of my homework. Why do cats like boxes and paper?

     I like tress. There are so many here in southwest Missouri. I am from Southern Arizona. People think there are no trees there. They would be mistaken. The desert has many wonderful trees. The Mesquite, The Palo Verde, The Saguaro cactus, The Ocotillo to just name a few. The desert can be full of green. There are many places where the Saguaro cactus grow like a forest.

     The flowers are wonderful. the big cactus plants have some very colorful flowers. The Saguaro flower is beautiful. There are many places in the desert where wild flowers bloom like crazy. There is a spot between Tucson and Phoenix  where the wild flowers are famous for the amount and the beauty they give.

      Yes, I like trees. I like the trees here in Missouri. The Walnut, The Pecan, The Ash, The Box elder, The Oak, The Elm, The Dogwood and the Elm to name a few. When I moved here I was so surprised about how many trees there are in Missouri. There are over 50 common types. I have Some property outside Seymour Mo. and the place has many trees. The view from my porch is amazing. The trees in spring and summer are so full, it feels like you could walk from tree top to tree top. My son got married on the property. The pictures are perfect. He and his wife could have not picked a more wonderful spot.

     Here is a funny story about Walnut trees. When I first moved here from Arizona, I noticed that one of the trees had a fruit. Well I thought it was a fruit. I asked my mother in  law and she said         " What fruit? " Well I showed her and she got a laugh. I was holding a walnut. Where I am from there is a lot of citrus trees. The walnut looked like a un-ripe orange. I learned something new that day.

     I do love the beauty and the strength of the tree. It is so wonderful that we have so many different trees all over south west Missouri.

Thank you, Scott Hasemeier.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment