Tuesday, September 15, 2015

fluency blog 5

     Milo is very excited, he keeps trying to lick my hands and he is interfering with my writing.
     Waste, not trash, but another kind of waste. I see so many people using their food stamp benefits at the local convenience stores. I know it is there personal business, but I watch people on SNAP, that is what food stamps is now called. I have no problem if  someone who is struggling  to feed their family gets government assistance. I get the reality that people can have personal difficulties and it is nice that our government helps to feed the families that need a little assistance.
   I am not happy when I see young or older people using their food stamps at a convenience store to buy expensive junk. The other day I saw these young adults using their food stamp benefits to buy over thirty dollars worth of candy and soda. Think about how much more food you could buy at a grocery store verses a convenience store. I cook for my family and I know the value of cooking your own meals. The cost per person is much less than eating at a restaurant. I know that the people on assistance can get much more value for their money by shopping at a grocery store. By using the food stamps to buy food in an efficient manner you can get more out of the assistance money you receive. On the other hand I see so many people using their food stamps to buy expensive junk at a convenience store. This make no sense. To me this is waste.

Thank you, Scott Hasemeier

No comments:

Post a Comment