Thursday, September 10, 2015

Do I know my audiance?

Hello again, yes Milo is here on my lap as always. Do you think my doing college assignments with him so close will make him a smart dog? Doubtful .
     I have read a number of my fellow classmates discussion's and I am starting to get a sense of who they are. The really cool thing is that there are a number of high school students in this class. I love to see young go getter's. I wish I had that ambition when I was 17. My advice to all young people in or out of high school, keep getting more education. I don't care if it's college or trade school, do some higher form of education. I say this because I did not get an college education right out of high school. I attended the local community college , I was more interested in my girlfriends. At the end of that first year I passed one class with a" C " and failed the rest. My parents said  " Get a job and get out ". I was is shock and adulthood hit me right in the face.. I struggled long and hard as a young man. I got married at 20 and had a son at 22. I had no education and no direction. Money was hard to come by and the jobs were crap. I did start college again part time when I was 27 and ended up going to a trade school to become a truck driver. The reasons for my going to trade school are for another discussion. But listen to me, GET EDUCATED !!!!!!             
         Okay, end of that rant. My fellow classmates seem so much smarter than I. I know we all have intelligence, but after reading the discussions and posts of the other students, I am blown away by the level of maturity that they have. In reading my fellow class mates posts, I have found my fellow the knowledge they put down on paper I am becoming a better writer and responder to writings.
students have a wonderful way of writing. I enjoy their perspective. It is interesting to see the different writing styles and techniques. I enjoy looking at what time the writing has been posted. There are so many different ways and times people write. I see 8:00am, 10:30 pm, some of my classmates post at 2am in the morning! It is cool to see all the different styles. I get little tips from reading the discussions. I look at how someone might paraphrase a certain line. Others will use quotation marks in ways I never have. I also see stuff like slanted words to distinguish a phrase or name. I am very interested in these differing ways of writing and it helps me gain different perspective on writing and learn more each day.
     I have always enjoyed writing. I can remember back in elementary school learning proper paragraph form and sentence structure. English class is where I knew I could do well. If I got a bad grade on a assignment, I would feel great disappointment because I really put my all into my writing. I have been out of school for so long, it feels good to get back to writing. As I write more everyday, the rules and teachings of the past are coming back. I am becoming a better writer.
     This semester is barley into it's forth week and I have learned so much from my fellow classmates. I believe in the power of many to make one stronger. I can put that idea to use in this on line class. When I read and respond to my fellow students, I gain knowledge from their ideas and from their writing styles. I have learned by reading their posts. I look at the class as a pool of knowledge to gather strength from. I know that all of my fellow class mates are not perfect writers, but by absorbing
Thank you,
Scott Hasemeier

1 comment:

  1. Scott - You get a little distracted from your goal in this post, but it is a great read. When thinking about your audience as a whole, what did you lean about them through this experience? Imagine the audience is really a member of one with all of the combined experiences and attributes of this class. How would you describe that person? ~Ms .A.

    ReplyDelete