Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fluency blog post 1 Are you enjoying Wes Moore's book; "The other Wes Moore one name two fates."

     Back in the chair with Milo. I think it is funny when he dreams. His paws flop all around.
     I have just started reading a book called; " The other Wes Moore one name two fates ". this is a wonderful book. At the beginning, the author, Wes Moore, gives an overview of the true life story of two men named Wes Moore. The two men lived in the same city as youngsters not far from each other. Their mothers had similar lives along with the boys. They lost their fathers/husbands early on in the story. Both boys faced hardship without having their fathers in there lives. Both mothers had similar ambitions. College seemed to play a common role in the mothers lives.
     I have been blessed with the fact that I lived in a house that had both parents. My mom and dad were well educated. They had very good jobs. Me and my sister along with my two brothers never knew what it was like to be poor or do without. My parents were not rich. We were upper middle class. My mom and dad did a lot of cool things for me and my siblings growing up. We went camping, went hiking all over the Grand Canyon and I spent a lot of time in northern Arizona as a child getting to do lots of cool stuff.
     The two Wes Moore's  probably didn't know that life was any different because they had always been without a dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment