Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fluency blog 10

     Milo is in a jumping around mood. The problem with that is, when he jumps on the back of my legs, he scratches!!!!!

     I am finally getting into a school routine that works very nicely. I was trying so hard to find organization in how to do homework and keep up with other daily routines. I have been out of school for so long , it really took me some time to get a regular school work system that worked. I am detail oriented and I hate when things do not go as planned.

     The hardest class so far has been TEC-108. This is math for the trades. The class is basically a refresher course on all kinds of math. I was very bad at math in elementary and high school. I was lucky to pass by the skin of my teeth. I remember in algebra class I was doing so bad that the teacher told me that she didn't care if I did the algebra work as long as I came to class, was quiet, I could work on what ever I wanted, pretty bad for me and what a bad teacher. She did this because I was failing so bad that she thought I wasn't trying. I got some much needed help from some freshman girls, oh I forgot to mention that I took freshman algebra as a senior. Anyway, the girls loved a band called Duran, Duran, I was a hair band guy, we were total opposites as far as music, but we got along very well and they helped me learn enough to pass.

     The Tec-108 class was very hard on me in the beginning. I have worked hard on a daily routine that lets me work on all of my classes and I feel that I am getting organized. I am so surprised at how much homework I have.

     ENG-101 is, of course, a  composition class. That means lots of writing. I like to write. The one thing I was good at in high school was writing. My COM-105 class is cool. That is about speech writing and speech giving. I am good at speaking to groups and this is one class I really like. I have learned a lot about the speech giving and writing process. My other classes are seated classes. One is EGR-!05. This is a lecture course for new engineers. We get to hear a different speaker talk about his or her engineering field. The other seated course is IMT- 100 which is basic safety for the trades. We have learned about all aspects of job safety that affects people that work in industrial type jobs.

     I am getting into a groove. I am finally finding my place at school and being able to get comfortable with a routine of studying and keeping up with my normal daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment