Tuesday, September 22, 2015

fluency blog 9 Why do people not do what they say

     Milo is sleepy,
 

  I do my best to keep appointments with people. I think  that if you make an appointment with someone you should keep that appointment  Calling 2 min before your  scheduled time to say you are going to be late is just not nice.

     I had an appointment with a person to come and look at my house for sale in Seymour Mo. Myself and my wife drove out to Seymour and got the house opened up, aired out and ready to show. We got there about 1 hour early so we would could spruce up the yard and garden, make the place look nice. We were working on the yard and we got a text from the potential customer asking if they could be late. I said we would be there for a while so they should come when they can, thinking that they would probably be a few minutes late. Well the woman texted back and asked if they could come at 4:30 pm. Normally I wouldn't mind waiting a little while, but this woman's original appointment was at 2 pm and she texted me at 2pm and asked if she could come at 4:30!!!!!!  We made the appointment the day before, she knew she was coming at 2pm. She let me know by text at 2pm when she was suppose to be there that she was still loading a truck. She should have called or texted me sooner and said " I'm sorry ,but we have gotten behind, can we reschedule". The lack of respect of some people is mind blowing, this woman is 54 years old !!!! She knows better. Just rude, very rude. They finally showed up at 5:25 pm. I nicely showed the house to her and her boyfriend. She loved the house. She wanted the house, really bad.

      In my ad for the sale of the house, my wife has written in very plain, English language, that we are selling the house, no renting, no rent to own and no owner finance option, the house is for sale, only. My wife has been nice enough to even include names and numbers of different finance company's. She has included private investors along with traditional mortgage companies. Well to put the candle on the cake on this day of showing the house to the very rude, late woman, she tells us that she wants the house, has to have the house and then says, " How much a month do you need to sell this house, I want to make the deal right now". My wife very nicely said " the house is for sale and that monthly price would be based on your finance company. Well, for her, that would not do. After all she had been a real estate sales agent [ right, and my dog Milo drives a car ] and that she had the comps [ she had no idea what she was saying ] all figured out and she wanted the house and we were going to give her what she wanted, we were going to give ownership to her and she would pay us 400.$ a month . We were very nice, yet completely frustrated and said that if she wanted the house she would have to find financing. She said no to our kind offer [ Don't I own this house ? ] and again gave us her terms and demanded we give her what she wanted. Well after some more of this craziness we said  that we had to leave and go home and feed our son and that she could text, not call [ No way ] and we could talk about helping her find financing. Thank goodness she said OK and we got into our own vehicles and left, wow. I am still real ling from that wonderful day.

     Thank you.
     Scott Hasemeier

No comments:

Post a Comment