Sunday, October 4, 2015

Final reflection

     Milo and I have had fun doing blogs together. I am not sure if he has learned any thing But I sure have.

     When I first started doing daily blogs I really was not sure what I was doing, but I decided to give it a try. The ideas came easy, I was able to find so many things to blog about. The blog site was very helpful in setting up my blog. I titled my blog, Milo's house after my little cha-weenie dog. He always sits on may lap when I am doing my homework. Since he has been ever present for all my workings on my computer I decided to name my blog after him.

     The thought of doing a daily blog seemed a bit overwhelming until I started doing them. The cool thing about a blog is that you can write about any thing you wish to write about. The subject matter is endless. I got inspiration from everywhere. I drive about 70 miles one way to get to OTC. so some of my blogs were about driving and drivers. I would get to see things like the changing of the leaves as we went from the end of summer into fall, that was blog material. I would write about things I see on T.V.  I would write about objects like cars or even my bathroom toilet, my wife didn't like the toilet one. So like I said , there are so many different things to get ideas from for blog material.

     I like the fact that the act of writing a blog is similar to free writing. I would get an idea and just start writing. I would put down my ideas and then come back and re write blurbs into proper sentences and then spell check. My way of   " Blog free writing " is not free writing in its real sense, but for me it worked. I do feel that I was able to use things and ideas that I have learned up to this point from English class [ ENG-101 ]. This makes me feel good in the sense that I can use what I have learned in just a short 7 weeks

     I have enjoyed writing a blog. It is nice to be able to write about anything I choose to write about and use what ever language I chose to use. With that said I work to make my blogs sound clean and that they are not full of bad words or improper language. I feel that the lessons that I been taught up to this point give me a feeling of writers pride for what I write and how I write. I want my blog posts to reflect me and show that I am a respectful person. I have pride in my writing and I think anybody who reads my blogs can see that.

     This blog post exercise has been a great learning experience. I have been able to put what I have learned up to this point to good use. The other nice thing is that the daily writing of a blog has improved some of my writing skills. I am able to recognize my spelling and grammar errors, my sentence and paragraph skills have improved and I feel better overall as a writer.

Thank you,
Scott Hasemeier

No comments:

Post a Comment